Granna Judy Meets Dear Jane (R)

A chronicle of my Dear Jane (R) journey

Name:
Location: upstate New York, United States

Thursday, November 30, 2006



TR2: Australian Pines . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Second triangle done!! What a lovely feeling -- and what a nice triangle! This one I really couldn't see any way to do except to paper-piece it, so that's what I did. It wasn't fun to sew through the paper, so I removed paper as soon as I could as I went along. Came out pretty well, I think. Of course, once it was scanned I saw that the balance is off -- in every case, the left "branch" of the tree is a bit higher than the right "branch." I suppose I had it a little crooked when I trimmed it. Oh well -- only God is perfect. Or as the Janes say, finished is better than perfect. I'm happy with it, even with that little dimple at the top of the tree.


The back isn't bad either. A few lines are a little crooked, and the fabric is kind of bunched at the top of the tree, but overall it's pretty much ok with me.
These 8 blocks and 2 triangles are the entire first month of the Block of the Month supplies I ordered two or three years ago. I can't believe I've gotten this far -- and it's been fun!! It'll be a while before I post another block, though -- tomorrow is a busy day, with a 2-hour drive to a quilt shop to meet my sister and her friend for a BOTM there, and Saturday DD and family (including our two grandsons) are coming up. I hope to get the tree up before they arrive, so that the boys can help me decorate it.
And of course before I sew any more blocks, I have to prep more blocks. So it'll be a while. But I shall continue!
Tonight after I finished the block I looked at the block tips for the upcoming blocks, on the Dear Jane (R) website, www.dearjane.com. They look hard. I have to keep reminding myself that I thought these would be really hard, and now I've done them. One stitch at a time and I can do this. My mother didn't read me The Little Engine That Could over and over when I was little for nothing!! Right, Mom?
So -- onward!
Judy-Jane in upstate NY
Humility Jane, 8-2-0-192
Dear Jane (R) is the registered trademark of BrendaPapadakis. It is used here with permission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home