Granna Judy Meets Dear Jane (R)

A chronicle of my Dear Jane (R) journey

Name:
Location: upstate New York, United States

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A-5: Cathie's Campfire . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



This was a lovely block to work on!! I started it in Bismarck ND, worked on it on the way home when we spent a night in Elyria OH, and finished it off in the car today, coming across New York's Southern Tier.

I did mine as a 9-patch, with four of those nine patches consisting of two flying geese. It was fun to do -- I like flying geese. Standard directions for FG state, I think, that you should cut out the middle layer (or even the middle and back layers) leaving a little less bulk. I don't do that because I don't like the dark showing through one layer of light; with a double layer of light fabric, the dark doesn't show through. I might be sorry when I go to quilt it, though. We'll see -- if I live that long! I am happy with the way the pattern of the dark fabric fell in the blocks. It's not perfect, but it's nice, I think.



What I didn't realize till I scanned it, though, is that NONE of the background fabric shows on the back! Very funny. And now looking at the picture up close and personal, I can see that a few of the seams are a little bit curved.


Well, Humility Jane lives on :-)



Judy-Jane, back home in upstate NY
Humility Jane, 5-0-0-121

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home