Granna Judy Meets Dear Jane (R)

A chronicle of my Dear Jane (R) journey

Name:
Location: upstate New York, United States

Sunday, October 15, 2006

While wandering through websites sometime a year or two (or three?) ago, I came across the Jane Stickle quilt, now known as the Dear Jane (R) quilt. Jane Stickle made, as far as we know, just one quilt, but it's a dandy -- take a look: http://www.dearjane.com/

I'd like to make one. I've got the fabrics and lots of directions, plus access to websites with more directions and block tips. I've got the book of patterns and pictures of all the blocks and triangles, and I've got the CD with even more information and help on it. But it's a very very big project. The biggest hitch (besides the fact that these are teeny tiny blocks) is that I'd really like to hand-piece the quilt, and I've never hand-pieced anything at all. So, totally intimidated, I'm procrastinating.

I truly thought I'd manage to start this weekend, but the weekend got away from me and here I am, not started. But I've got the fabric out, and directions printed for blocks A-1 and A-2. Maybe this week . . . Stay tuned. I'll let you know.

On the other hand, I could just prep a bunch of blocks so that when we're traveling next month I'll have something to work on in the car. That would be a good way of procrastinating even further! Or I could re-define myself as simply a collector of Dear Jane supplies.

But no, I really really want to do this quilt. I really need to start. Soon!


Dear Jane (R) is the registered trademark of BrendaPapadakis. It is used here with permission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home