Granna Judy Meets Dear Jane (R)

A chronicle of my Dear Jane (R) journey

Name:
Location: upstate New York, United States

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Prep Prep Prep

It's a whole lot easier to sew these little blocks on the road if they're already cut out, so last night and tonight I've been cutting little pieces and putting them in baggies with the block directions. I've got blocks A-2 through A-8 prepped and ready to sew, except for the appliqued "melons" on one block; those I'll do some night in a motel, where there's an iron and ironing board, and then sew them right on. Some of the pieces are squares as small as 1.25" on a side -- these are mighty little! I'm going to have to be really careful with 1/4" seams in order to make them work. Wish me luck!

We leave in 36 hours. I think I won't get any sewing done between now and then, but I should be able to post pictures as I finish blocks, while we're on the road. I hope so.

Judy-Jane
Humility Jane, 1-0-0-28
(I just love it that I finally have numbers! It was 0-0-0-0 for a long time.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home