Granna Judy Meets Dear Jane (R)

A chronicle of my Dear Jane (R) journey

Name:
Location: upstate New York, United States

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A-1 -- One block down, 168 to go!


Did my first DJ block last week -- A-1, Pinwheel Gone Awry. That's Row A, Block 1. It's not perfect but then again, finished is better than perfect! :-) Take a look:






And I think I have a name for my Baby Jane --Humility Jane! Looking at the back reminds me that this quilt (should it ever get as far as a quilt) is going to keep me humble.


People on the Dear Jane list suggest that newbies should pick the easy blocks to start with, but I'm too anal for that -- I want to start in the upper left corner of the quilt and just work my way across and down -- if I can. So far it's fun, and that's the important thing. I prepped A-2 last week, and just last night I prepped A-3 and A-4. We leave in three days for the Big Hunting Trip 2006, and will be gone for probably three weeks. I hope when I get home to have a bunch of blocks done!

And I can now use the "official" Janiac signature:

Judy-Jane
Humility Jane, 1-0-0-28 (number of blocks, number of triangles, number of corners, total number of pieces)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home