Granna Judy Meets Dear Jane (R)

A chronicle of my Dear Jane (R) journey

Name:
Location: upstate New York, United States

Sunday, November 12, 2006

A-2: One, Two, Buckle My Shoe




Another block done! Finished it the other day in Valentine, Nebraska, but didn't have a chance to photograph it till tonight. This one really stymied me, but it was me, not the block. First I started to put it together and thought I'd cut the first Half-Square Triangles the wrong size. So I went through all the leftover fabric, and for this block there just isn't much! A few schnibbles, a few small strips, but nothing that would let me cut a 1.75" square. Nothing at all. So I mulled that over for a couple of days (more like, I chewed on the problem and frustrated myself) and then pulled it out again -- and lo and behold, I had cut those little things exactly right.

Then I got the scraps and the required pieces mixed, and it took a while to sort out what was scrap and what was a strip that I needed to keep and use.

Once I got my own head in order, the block came together pretty well. I think the back even looks good!



Color me happy :-)


Judy-Jane
Humility Jane, 2-0-0-60



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home