Granna Judy Meets Dear Jane (R)

A chronicle of my Dear Jane (R) journey

Name:
Location: upstate New York, United States

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A-6: Uncle Homer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Bless Jane for tossing in a 9-patch! I am having a good time with these, but it's always nice to Get A Block Done, and good old Uncle Homer let me do that today -- all in one day! The corners meet quite well, the lines in the background fabric are reasonably straight, and it's just a sweet, simple block. A 9-patch with a twist, since the nine patches aren't all the same size and shape. I like it.







I started this block (after I finished A-5) in the car, coming across NYS's beautiful Southern Tier. We stopped for lunch in Arkport NY and I took it into the restaurant with me; within half an hour after lunch it was finished, and all it needed was to come home and get pressed and trimmed. How nice to make such quick progress!! (And maybe someday I'll remember to trim straying threads before I scan -- ya think?)

I can't help but wonder what Jane was thinking when she did this quilt. How imaginative she was! Did she plan ahead? Did she work as the mood struck? Did she do a whole bunch of 9-patch-based blocks and then move them around till the arrangement pleased her? It would be so interesting to know!!

In any case, she was quite a woman, and she has quite a following. I am glad to be one of them.

Judy-Jane, happy to be home again in upstate NY
Humility Jane, 6-0-0-130

2 Comments:

Blogger Fiona said...

Hi Judy,

Your blocks are coming along really nicely!

I can't imagine what Jane was thinking either- I'm amazed she came up with the quilt and probably without much patterns, if any at all. We're lucky we have all her patterns to go by!

Can't wait to see more progress!
Fiona =)

11/23/2006 1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Judy,

I'm enjoying your quilt journey!

Jan

11/26/2006 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home