Granna Judy Meets Dear Jane (R)

A chronicle of my Dear Jane (R) journey

Name:
Location: upstate New York, United States

Sunday, November 26, 2006

A-7: Dad's Plaids . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Well -- my first applique block. It's way less than perfect, but honestly if it were anyone else's I'd think it was just fine, so I'm going to take that attitude on my own too! Take a look:

Pretty sweet little block, I think. Points aren't too bad, some of the curved sides are pretty smooth. I like it.


I had to take a look at Jane's block to decide whether the stripes in the appliqued melons should be in the same direction as the squares, perpendicular to them, or at a 45 degree angle to the squares' stripes. I was thinking 45 degrees, but Jane did it perpendicular, so I did too.






The back isn't bad either, I think. (And I remembered to trim away the loose threads! ) The hand piecing and applique turn out to be a lot of fun and very pleasant. I like this block. And maybe the next applique will be a little better; after all, I did the background melons after the stripes, and I think they are a little better. Good job.
Florence Nightingale (A-8) is finished too but no time to post now -- going to a grandson's birthday dinner. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow.
Judy-Jane in upstate NY
Humility Jane, 7-0-0-138

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home